CAREERS AT REDBIRD
Flight Training Technology Designer
Redbird Flight Simulations is transforming flight training through interactive simulation. We’re looking for a Designer who understands the potential of using game science for flight training, education, enjoyment and changing the world.
The Designer would be part of a team to design and produce realistic flight training experiences. S/he would build flight training curricula using Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D as well as third-party and proprietary tools. Experience with Microsoft Flight Simulator (FSX) will also apply. S/he would use Redbird pilots and flight instructors as subject matter experts in the creation of design models and scripts.
- Design realistic and engaging flight training experiences
- Build scenarios using the Prepar3D SDK and other visual design tools
- Manage content pipeline and motivate a small design team
- Write and edit voice-over dialog
- Play-test and tune experiences for usability, pacing and accuracy
- Provide feedback for junior designers
- Solid understanding of game design fundamentals
- Strong technical aptitude and creative problem-solving skills
- Project management and communication skills
- Passion for flight and flight simulation
- Self-motivated work ethic
- Coding or scripting skills a plus
- Pilot’s license and history with Prepar3D SDK and/or Microsoft Flight Simulator (FSX) a strong plus
This is a contract or full-time position in Austin, TX.
If you think that you would be a good fit for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Technology Designer: <YOUR NAME>” as the subject of your email (and just to be clear, <YOUR NAME> should be replaced with your name.)
- 2+ years of front-end development experience
- Excellent CSS and JS cross-browser debugging skills (IE9+ and “modern browsers”)
- Familiarity with two or more of the following: responsive layout frameworks, client-side MVC, observer pattern, organizing code for a large-scale JS application, CSS media queries, web performance best practices, HTML template engines, relational as well as NoSQL databases
- Redbird uses the MEAN stack as well as some C#.NET components, running on Windows / *nix / iOS, so comfort with these and working from the command line is a huge plus (familiarity with existing JS frameworks or app stacks like EmberJS / Meteor, etc. also counts)
- UX and human factors design a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Other big pluses : you are a pilot or an aviation enthusiast, experience with flight simulation software (games included!), experience with game engines and/or modeling tools, experience with computer-based education, you are good at conveying complex topics with software and visual elements, your only known weakness is Kryptonite
If you have none of these skills but are just generally awesome at building user interfaces and aren’t afraid of learning new tech, give us a shout.
If you think that you would be a good fit for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please use “Software Engineer: <YOUR NAME>” as the subject of your email (and just to be clear, <YOUR NAME> should be replaced with your name.)